Monday, September 16, 2019

How to Live a Healthy Lifestyle While Having Fun

By                       Expert Author Amy Mower

Eat Vegetables
There are so many great vegetables out there that I love! If you are someone who doesn't like veggies get creative and make the veggies fun that you eat. Some of my very favorite veggies are banana squash, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, broccoli & asparagus. All these vegetables are so yummy and can be used in cooking in many different ways. The key is to find some vegetables that you enjoy and use them in fun ways that your family will enjoy.
Find Physical Activities You Enjoy
Finding physical activities that you enjoy is key to living a healthy lifestyle while enjoying it. When it comes to physical activities I love to try new things. It's so exciting when you find an activity that you enjoy that you have never tried before.
A couple years ago my husband wanted me to try mountain biking up a canyon that is close by our house. I was a little nervous as I had never done anything like that before. However, after trying it I realized how much I loved it. There is something about being up in the mountains & going for a ride.
Another thing that I really enjoy is hiking up in the mountains with my husband. This past summer we made it a goal to try a new hike every week. It was so fun to discover new places we had never seen before while exercising.
If you aren't one for nature or don't live near mountains, another thing I have grown to love is running. There is nothing I love or cherish more than the night runs I have with my husband where we have some one on one time to talk about life while enjoying some exercise.
When it comes to physical exercise you just need to find what makes you happy and do it. If you are enjoying what you do you will be more likely to get out and exercise than if you don't.
Have an Idea of How Many Calories You Are Taking In
Another way to live a healthy lifestyle is to count calories. Now I'm not saying go to extremes counting calories everyday. But you need to have a good idea how many calories you are taking in each day so you don't over eat. There are many ways to make counting macros easy and many helpful sites on the web that can teach you how to do so.
When I first started counting macros I used an app called myfitnesspal on my phone. This got me used to counting how many calories I was taking in each day and once I got the hang of it I just started counting them in my head throughout the day. It doesn't matter what you do, just figure out the best way to count your calories that is easy and do it.
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn't have to be a hard thing and if you do it right, living a healthy lifestyle can be a lot of fun. Go out and find some vegetables, physical activities & even a counting macros app you love and start living your type of healthy lifestyle. Begin today by getting off the couch and find something you love.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9821949

No comments:

Post a Comment